The 12 Best Plant-Based Pizza Restaurants in Toronto  Last updated: November 20, 2023 Veronika Zotova We conduct thorough testing...Read More
The 13 Best Apple Picking Spots Near Toronto 
With the arrival of Fall in Toronto, a charming escape from the city awaits – a trip to the farm for some classic apple picking! Just beyond the city’s boundaries, an array of family-owned farms boasts a proud heritage of cultivating some of Ontario’s finest apples.
Say goodbye to your usual supermarket routine and embrace the allure of these top apple-picking havens near Toronto (within 1-2 hours from Toronto)!
And for more great opportunities to escape from the bustle and hustle of a big city, be sure to visit:
- What Are The Tips For Picking Apples Near Toronto?
- The Best Apple Picking Spots Near Toronto
- 1) Brantwood Farms
- 2) The Apple Orchard Inc.
- 3) Brooks Farms
- 4) Barrie Hill Farms
- 5) Chudleigh’s Entertainment Farm
- 6) Maple Grove Orchards
- 7) Fletcher Fruit Farms
- 8) The Apple Orchard Inc.
- 9) The Big’r Apple Farm
- 10) Applewood Farm
- 11) Pine Farms Orchard
- 12) Watson Farm Market
- 13) Pingle’s Farm Market
- FAQs About Picking Apples
- Final Thoughts
What Are The Tips For Picking Apples Near Toronto?
Here Are Some Tips For Picking Apples Near Toronto:
- Check Harvest Times: Different apple varieties have varying harvest times. Research the specific orchard’s website or call ahead to know which types of apples are available and when they’re at their best.
- Arrive Early: Plan to arrive early in the day to avoid crowds and have a wider selection of apples to choose from.
- Bring Containers: Some orchards provide bags or baskets for picking, but it’s a good idea to bring your own containers to carry the apples home.
- Be Gentle: Handle the apple trees and fruit gently to avoid damaging them. Twisting apples off the tree with a slight upward motion is usually the best method.
- Quality Check: Look for apples that are firm, well-colored, and free from bruises or blemishes. A glossy finish and fresh aroma are good indicators of quality.
- Follow Rules: Be respectful of the orchard’s rules and guidelines. Stick to designated picking areas and follow any instructions provided by staff.
- Pay by Weight or Container: Understand the orchard’s pricing structure. Some charge by weight, while others have a fixed fee per container.
Remember, each orchard might have its own unique tips and guidelines, so it’s a good idea to check their website or contact them directly before your visit.
The Best Apple Picking Spots Near Toronto
1) Brantwood Farms
Unearth Brantwood Farms, a cherished family gem spanning a century! Founded in 1905 by Great Great Grandfather James Pate, it’s now a beloved spot known for hospitality and fresh produce. From these roots, it’s grown into a bustling market and a place to revel in apple picking and timeless traditions. Come join this historic journey, celebrating nature’s bounty and Brantwood Farms’ enduring legacy.
Address: 251 Powerline Rd, Brantford, ON N3T 5L8
2) The Apple Orchard Inc.
3) Brooks Farms
Explore Brooks Farms – a family-owned heritage since the mid-1800s. Initiated by Edward Brooks, an adventurous Londoner, this farm’s narrative spans over 150 years. From cultivating various crops to diving into strawberries and raspberries, the journey took an enchanting turn with Elvin Brooks and his family. The farm’s evolution continued with rebranding and the iconic Barnyard Bumpkins. Today, visitors gather to relish festivities, homemade delights, and farm-fresh produce!r apple picking starts in September. At this time, you can pick from a variety of apples including Paulared, Ginger Gold, Bubble Gum, and more. Besides apple picking, they also have other fun activities including a corn maze, wagon rides, sunflower fields, and country bakery. This is a great spot for a day of wholesome family fun!
Address: 122 Ashworth Rd, Mount Albert, ON L0G 1M0
4) Barrie Hill Farms
5) Chudleigh’s Entertainment Farm
6) Maple Grove Orchards
Discover the delightful Maple Grove Orchards, a haven for apple-picking enthusiasts and families seeking a fun-filled farm adventure! Nestled in the heart of nature, this farm beckons visitors to immerse themselves in the joy of picking from a wide array of apple varieties that cater to every palate, from tart to sweet. For an authentic farm experience, hop on the tractor and wagon rides that take you through the lush orchards, offering stunning views and cherished memories. With Maple Grove Orchards, you’re guaranteed a day of laughter, bonding, and fresh produce that will leave you coming back for more!
Address: Clarington, ON L1C 3K4
7) Fletcher Fruit Farms
Step into a world of apple-picking bliss at Fletcher Fruit Farms, where a legacy of 150 years of farming excellence awaits you. Brenda and Kevin Fletcher, the fourth-generation custodians of this idyllic farm, have nurtured a haven of over twenty apple varieties and seven pear kinds across their 83 acres on Fletcher Road in Hannon. So, come and experience the true essence of farm-to-table freshness at Fletcher Fruit Farms and take home not just apples but cherished memories that will last a lifetime!
Address: 1040 Fletcher Rd, Hannon, ON L0R 1P0
8) The Apple Orchard Inc.
Prepare to be captivated by the idyllic agricultural charm of rural Ontario when you step into The Apple Orchard. Their vast landscape, adorned with over 10,000 apple and pear trees, beckons families to indulge in a year-round farm adventure. Expert staff members are readily available to guide you through their array of offerings and activities. From the simple joy of apple and pumpkin picking to delightful wagon rides and strolls through sunflower fields, The Apple Orchard offers a medley of wholesome experiences for all ages.
Address: 1668 Hwy 6, Hamilton, ON L8N 2Z7
9) The Big'r Apple Farm
10) Applewood Farm
11) Pine Farms Orchard
12) Watson Farm Market
13) Pingle's Farm Market
FAQs About Picking Apples
And that concludes our roundup of the finest apple picking destinations near Toronto. With these choices, you’re bound to pluck the most scrumptious apples. If you enjoyed this guide, don’t miss out on exploring our other articles covering all things Toronto-related. Happy picking!
And if you want to have fun in the city itself, then make sure to check out: