Toronto is a coffee lover’s dream come true. With so many independent coffee shops and roasters in the city, there’s...Read More
The 12 Best Asian Bakeries and Desserts in Toronto 
The best Asian bakeries and desserts in Toronto are serving up the most delicious treats in the city!
Asian baked goods and desserts have a certain quality that set them apart from the rest of the crowd. Maybe it’s the subtle flavours, top-shelf ingredients, or the craftsmanship. Whatever you’re craving, decadent cakes, sweet macarons, croissants, or more traditional Chinese baked goods, there’s something for everyone.
Toronto is home to many Asian bakeries and dessert shops that we’re sure you’ll love. We selected these bakeries and dessert shops based on their wonderful staff, the premium ingredients they use, and the mouth-watering baked goods and sweets they sell!
Toronto has many niche bakeries from different parts of the world. Stop by the best German bakeries in Toronto and the best Italian bakeries in the city!
- What are the Most Popular Asian Baked Goods?
- FAQs About Asian Bakeries and Desserts
- Final Thoughts
What are the Most Popular Asian Baked Goods?
- Jianbing: A Chinese street food that’s made with a crepe-like batter and filled with eggs, scallions, and your choice of meat.
- Mooncakes: Traditionally eaten during the Mid-Autumn festival, these round or lotus-shaped cakes are filled with red bean or lotus paste and often have a whole salted egg yolk in the center.
- Douhua: Also known as tofu pudding, this soft and silky dessert is made with sweetened bean curd and can be served warm or cold.
- Tangyuan: These glutinous rice balls are traditionally eaten during Chinese New Year and are often filled with sweet black sesame paste or peanut butter.
- Red Bean Paste Buns: Soft and fluffy buns that are filled with a sweet red bean paste.
- Matcha sweets: A popular flavour in Japan, matcha is made from ground green tea leaves and has a slightly bitter taste. You’ll find all sorts of matcha-flavoured sweets, from cookies and cakes to ice cream and lattes.
These are just some of the delicious Asian baked goods and desserts you’ll find in Toronto! Be sure to check out our list of the best bakeries in Toronto for more great places to get your fix.
1) Bake Code
2) Jelly Bean Cakes and Deserts
3) Millie Patisserie
Address: 12 Oxley St #101, Toronto, ON M5V 3P7
4) Mon k Patisserie
Address: 1040 Coxwell Ave, East York, ON M4C 3G5
Address: 595 Bay St. Unit E-01, Toronto, ON M5G 2C2
6) Chinese Bakery
Address: 433 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M5T 1G6
7) Bake Island Bakery & Cafe
8) Rois Cream
Address: 382 Keele St, Toronto, ON M6P 2K8
9) Mashion Bakery
Address: 345 Spadina Ave., Toronto, ON M5T 2G3
10) Cheese Garden
11) Ding Dong Pastries & Cafe
Address: 321 Spadina Ave., Toronto, ON M5T 2E9
12) Daan Go Cake Lab
Address: 3380 Midland Ave Unit 11, Scarborough, ON M1V 5B5
FAQs About Asian Bakeries and Desserts
For some people, most desserts are way too sweet and heavy for them. Asian desserts are great for people who prefer something light with more subdued, refined flavours. Grabbing an Asian dessert and baked treat is a great way to try new textures and unique flavours. These Asian sweets shops have some of the best offerings in the city!
If you’re looking for a great place to try some Asian sweets, you have to visit the best Asian bakeries and desserts in Toronto!
If you are in the mood for a classic slice of cake or a whole cake for a special occasion, be sure to check out these recommended best cake shops in Toronto. You won’t be disappointed!
You might also like...
The 13 Best Gelato Shops in Toronto
Gelato is a delicious Italian dessert that is made with milk, cream, sugar and eggs.Read More
The 11 Best Pizza Places in Toronto
Toronto is a pizza lover’s paradise, with something to please everyone’s palate.Read More
The 8 Best French Restaurants in Toronto
French restaurants in Toronto are unlike any other; it has a lengthy history, with one restaurant in the city that...Read More
The Best Korean Restaurants in Toronto
The best Korean restaurants in Toronto will have you slurping up soondae (blood sausage), digging into dumplings and diving into...Read More
The Best Korean Fried Chicken in Toronto
Sorry KFC lovers, but the Korean fried chicken is hands down one of the best fried chicken you could ever...Read More