Toronto has some of the best kosher sushi in all of Canada!Read More
The 12 Best Asian Bakeries and Desserts in Toronto 
The best Asian bakeries and desserts in Toronto are serving up the most delicious treats in the city!
Asian baked goods and desserts have a certain quality that set them apart from the rest of the crowd. Maybe it’s the subtle flavours, top-shelf ingredients, or the craftsmanship. Whatever you’re craving, decadent cakes, sweet macarons, croissants, or more traditional Chinese baked goods, there’s something for everyone.
Toronto is home to many Asian bakeries and dessert shops that we’re sure you’ll love. We selected these bakeries and dessert shops based on their wonderful staff, the premium ingredients they use, and the mouth-watering baked goods and sweets they sell!
- What are the Most Popular Asian Baked Goods?
- FAQs About Asian Bakeries and Desserts
- Final Thoughts
What are the Most Popular Asian Baked Goods?
- Jianbing: A Chinese street food that’s made with a crepe-like batter and filled with eggs, scallions, and your choice of meat.
- Mooncakes: Traditionally eaten during the Mid-Autumn festival, these round or lotus-shaped cakes are filled with red bean or lotus paste and often have a whole salted egg yolk in the center.
- Douhua: Also known as tofu pudding, this soft and silky dessert is made with sweetened bean curd and can be served warm or cold.
- Tangyuan: These glutinous rice balls are traditionally eaten during Chinese New Year and are often filled with sweet black sesame paste or peanut butter.
- Red Bean Paste Buns: Soft and fluffy buns that are filled with a sweet red bean paste.
- Matcha sweets: A popular flavour in Japan, matcha is made from ground green tea leaves and has a slightly bitter taste. You’ll find all sorts of matcha-flavoured sweets, from cookies and cakes to ice cream and lattes.
These are just some of the delicious Asian baked goods and desserts you’ll find in Toronto! Be sure to check out our list of the best bakeries in Toronto for more great places to get your fix.
1) Bake Code
2) Jelly Bean Cakes and Deserts
3) Millie Patisserie
4) Mon k Patisserie
6) Chinese Bakery
Address: 433 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M5T 1G6
7) Bake Island Bakery & Cafe
8) Rois Cream
9) Mashion Bakery
Address: 345 Spadina Ave., Toronto, ON M5T 2G3
10) Cheese Garden
11) Ding Dong Pastries & Cafe
Address: 321 Spadina Ave., Toronto, ON M5T 2E9
12) Daan Go Cake Lab
FAQs About Asian Bakeries and Desserts
For some people, most desserts are way too sweet and heavy for them. Asian desserts are great for people who prefer something light with more subdued, refined flavours. Grabbing an Asian dessert and baked treat is a great way to try new textures and unique flavours. These Asian sweets shops have some of the best offerings in the city!
If you’re looking for a great place to try some Asian sweets, you have to visit the best Asian bakeries and desserts in Toronto!
If you are in the mood for a classic slice of cake or a whole cake for a special occasion, be sure to check out these recommended best cake shops in Toronto. You won’t be disappointed!