Toronto has some of the best kosher sushi in all of Canada!Read More
The 12 Best Mexican Restaurants in Toronto 
The best Mexican restaurants in Toronto have the best food in the city on the menu!
Mexican food is many people’s all-time favourite cuisine and it’s easy to see why. Mexican cuisine is vibrant, flavourful, layered, and frankly, delicious. While a way away from Mexico, Toronto has a vibrant Mexican food scene. The Mexican food in Toronto is unmatched and will keep you coming back for more every time!
We selected these Toronto Mexican restaurants based on price, atmosphere, friendly and welcoming staff, the fresh ingredients they use, and of course, the mouth-watering food and drinks on the menu. A trip to any of these restaurants is a guaranteed good time!
Toronto is one of the most diverse cities in the world and its restaurant scene reflects that. For a taste of the world from home, be sure to visit the best Asian bakeries and desserts, and the best Filipino restaurants in Toronto!
- What are the Most Popular Mexican Dishes?
- The Best Mexican Restaurants in Toronto
- 1) Fonda Lola
- 2) Como En Casa
- 3) Mad Mexican Restaurant
- 4) Campechano
- 5) La Carnita
- 6) El Charro
- 7) z-teca Mexican Eatery
- 8) El Nahual
- 9) Mexicanos
- 10) El Catrin Destileria
- 11) Playa Cabana
- 12) Chula Taberna Mexicana
- FAQs About Mexican Food
- Final Thoughts
What are the Most Popular Mexican Dishes?
- Tacos: One of the most popular and well-known Mexican dishes, tacos are traditionally made with corn tortillas and filled with meat, vegetables, and cheese.
- Enchiladas: Another popular dish, enchiladas are corn tortillas that are rolled up and typically filled with meat, cheese, and beans. They are then covered in a sauce and baked.
- Burritos: A burrito is a flour tortilla that is filled with meat, rice, beans, and cheese. It is then rolled up and served with a variety of sauces.
- Quesadillas: A quesadilla is a flour tortilla that is filled with cheese and then grilled. It is often served with meat, vegetables, and salsa.
- Nachos: Nachos are a dish that originates from Mexico but has become popular all over the world. They consist of chips covered in cheese and other toppings such as meat, beans, and salsa.
- Pico de Gallo: This is a dish that consists of chopped tomatoes, onions, chili peppers, and cilantro. It is often used as a topping for tacos or nachos.
- Guacamole: Guacamole is a dip made from avocados, onions, chili peppers, and cilantro. It is often served with tortilla chips or used as a topping for tacos or nachos.
- Salsa: Salsa is a sauce made from tomatoes, onions, chili peppers, and cilantro. It is often used as a dip for tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos or nachos.
- Chimichangas: A chimichanga is a burrito that is deep-fried. It is often served with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
- Flautas: Flautas are tacos that are rolled up and fried. They are often served with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
The Best Mexican Restaurants in Toronto
1) Fonda Lola
2) Como En Casa
3) Mad Mexican Restaurant
5) La Carnita
Address: 106 John St, Toronto, ON M5H 1X9
Address: 501 College St, Toronto, ON M6G 1A5
Address: 780 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M4M 1H4
Address: Main Floor, 130 Eglinton Ave E, Toronto, ON M4P 2X9
6) El Charro
7) z-teca Mexican Eatery
Fresh and delicious Mexican meals are found at z-teca Mexican Eatery for a reasonable price. The restaurant also provides excellent customer service and pleasant staff who will recommend the best meals to try. The restaurant serves crispy chicken burritos, quesadillas, nachos, salads, and various other tasty dishes. You should try their grilled chicken salad bowl with an additional charge of guac, which will satisfy you. Please remember that lines might belong at lunch and on weekends, so arrive early to ensure a seat.
Address: 175 Bloor Street E South Tower, Unit R2 Toronto, ON
Address: 444 Yonge Street Concourse, Unit F31 Toronto, ON
Address:York Lanes, York University 80 York Boulevard North York, ON
8) El Nahual
10) El Catrin Destileria
11) Playa Cabana
12) Chula Taberna Mexicana
FAQs About Mexican Food
Mexico is home to some of the most exciting, vibrant, and unique food. With dishes like ceviche to quesadillas, Mexican food is one of the most popular cuisines for a reason. Toronto’s best Mexican restaurants can give you a taste of the country right here at home. Mexican food is absolutely irresistible and these Mexican restaurants can help satisfy that craving!
If you’re in the mood for Mexican, and who isn’t, you have to visit the best Mexican restaurants in Toronto!