The 12 Best Plant-Based Pizza Restaurants in Toronto  Last updated: November 20, 2023 Veronika Zotova We conduct thorough testing...Read More
The 11 Best Poke Restaurants in Toronto 
The best poke restaurants in Toronto are serving up the tastiest dish in the city!
Poke is the newest trendy food. Originally from Hawaii, poke is taking over Toronto and it’s easy to see why. Poke bowls are made up of the freshest fish on the market served on a hot bed of perfectly cooked rice. Plus, they’re super customizable. You can get whatever toppings you want, like seafood and edamame, all paired with delicious sauces of your choosing.
In the city, there are plenty of poke restaurants serving up delicious poke bowls, but, to make it easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of the very best! We selected these Toronto poke restaurants based on customer service, premium, fresh ingredients, variety of fish and toppings available, generous portions, and the delicious poke bowls they’re serving up!
And if you love poke, you’ll love sushi. So, be sure to check out our blogs on:
Now, let’s dive into our list of the 11 best poke restaurants in Toronto!
- What are the Most Popular Poke Bowls in Toronto?
- The Best Poke Restaurants in Toronto
- 1) Pokito
- 2) Mi’hito Sushi Laboratory
- 3) Poke Guys
- 4) Hoki Poke
- 5) The Poke Box
- 6) ONO Poke Bar
- 7) Pokewave
- 8) Rolltation Sushi Burrito
- 9) Poke Eats Restaurant
- 10) Cali Love
- 11) Umami Poke
- FAQs About Poke Restaurants
- Final Thoughts
What are the Most Popular Poke Bowls in Toronto?
Some of the most common and beloved Poke bowl orders include:
- Classic Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl: A timeless favorite, this bowl typically featured marinated Ahi tuna cubes as the main protein, complemented by a mix of fresh vegetables, seaweed salad, avocado, and a choice of sauces.
- Salmon Poke Bowl: Another popular option, this poke bowl typically featured fresh salmon cubes, often marinated in a flavorful sauce, along with a variety of toppings and accompaniments.
- Spicy Tuna Poke Bowl: For those who enjoy a bit of heat, the spicy tuna poke bowl was a go-to choice. It usually consisted of spicy marinated tuna, spicy mayo, and a selection of veggies for added texture.
- Shrimp Poke Bowl: Shrimp lovers often opted for this variation, featuring succulent shrimp as the protein, paired with crunchy vegetables and a range of delectable toppings.
- Veggie or Tofu Poke Bowl: Catering to vegetarians and vegans, many poke restaurants offered plant-based options with ingredients like tofu, edamame, avocado, and an assortment of fresh vegetables.
- Build-Your-Own Poke Bowl: Some establishments allowed customers to customize their poke bowls, giving them the freedom to choose their preferred protein, toppings, and sauces for a personalized dining experience.
The Best Poke Restaurants in Toronto
2) Mi'hito Sushi Laboratory
3) Poke Guys
4) Hoki Poke
5) The Poke Box
If you are looking for fresh, tasty, and generously portioned poke bowls at a fair price, then The Poke Box is for you. Here you may get hand-picked ingredients and delectable toppings to build your own bowl, ensuring that you can always fulfil whichever cravings you have.
6) 'ONO Poké Bar
Pokewave is another spot where you can get delicious poke bowls here in downtown Toronto. There are many toppings, sauces, and ingredients to choose from, all of which are both filling and delicious. Their smoky Poké tacos with spicy mayo sauce are a must-try.
8) Rolltation Sushi Burrito
9) Poke Eats Restaurant
10) Cali Love
Cali Love is a health hotspot where you can get smoothies, salads, sandwiches, and hot drinks in addition to fresh poke bowls. They focus on fresh, vegan, and gluten-free ingredients in their airy and open stores while preparing your bowls. If you’re tired of crappy junk food and want to try a nutritious dinner, Cali is the way to go and don’t miss out on their ” Humble” salmon bowl.
11) Umami Poke
Umami Poke, not only sustainably sources their ingredients, but even derives influence from Middle Eastern, Japanese, and Korean dishes to make their Hawaiian poke bowls uniquely theirs. With a menu that features a variety of sushi-grade fish, vibrant vegetables, and mouthwatering sauces, Umami Poke has been well renowned in the community ever since its opening. Whether you’re a seasoned poke enthusiast or new to the dish, Umami Poke is sure to impress with their one-of-a-kind harmonious blend of flavors that will leave you craving for more
FAQs About Poke Restaurants
From traditional flavors to innovative creations, these restaurants have elevated the art of poke-making with their commitment to quality ingredients, meticulous craftsmanship, and exceptional culinary experiences.
Poke is a great way to deliciously incorporate greens, fish, and seasonings into your diet. It’s the perfect food for raw fish lovers, health-buffs, or just anyone willing to give it a try! So, if you’re looking to give the trendy poke bowl a try, you can’t go wrong with one of these 11 best spots!