The 10 Best Antique Stores in Toronto  Last updated: September 20, 2023 Veronika Zotova Ever wondered where to find...Read More
The 11 Best Roofing Companies in Toronto
- What’s the average cost of roofing in Toronto?
- The Best Roofing Companies in Toronto
- What To Do If You’re Faced With a Roof Emergency?
- FAQ About Roofing Companies in Toronto
What's the average cost of roofing in Toronto?
The Best Roofing Companies in Toronto
11. Canadian Roof Repair
10. Jimmy’s Roofing
9. Integrity Roofers
8. Quality Roofing Services
7. Crown Industrial Roofing
6. High Skillz Roofing Inc.
5. AZ Roofing
4. All Roofing Toronto
3. Avenue Road Roofing
2. Luso Roofing & Contracting Inc.
1. Universal Roofs Toronto & GTA Roofing Services
What To Do If You're Faced With a Roof Emergency?
- Shut off your main power supply. If you have an electric stove, turn it off at the breaker box.
- Turn on all of your outside lights to help the roofer see the problem area better. Be sure to check for overhead lines before doing this.
- Do not try to fix anything yourself if you don’t know what you’re doing. It’s very dangerous and can result in serious accidents or worse.
- Protect your house by covering doorways and windows with plastic sheeting if the problem area is leaking.
- Keep everyone off of your roof until you’ve had a chance to assess the situation and speak with a professional.
FAQ About Roofing Companies in Toronto
The best way to tell if your roof needs to be replaced is by checking for cracks, leaks and missing shingles. But you can also talk with professionals who will come out to inspect your property. They’ll check the condition of your current roof and let you know about any necessary repairs or replacements that need to be done.
Most manufacturers provide a 15- to 20-year warranty on new roofs. After that period, if your roof starts showing signs of damage or malfunctioning parts, you’ll have to replace it. You can also talk with contractors about what they offer as far as warranties for their services.
Yes, you must maintain your roof at least twice a year to keep it in good condition. This includes ridding the surface of dirt, moss and debris. If you frequently see mould or algae growing on your roof, this means that you are not maintaining it properly. Professionals can teach you how.
Some materials are better than others, but ultimately you should choose what works best for your property. Factor in the cost, durability and maintenance needs of each type – as well as how much sunlight it can withstand – to help you make a decision. If you’re not sure which type of material is right for your roof, ask roofers in Toronto for their opinions.
Ideally, you should have your roof inspected every year by professionals to spot any problems before they become serious. Those who live in areas where weather conditions are particularly harsh may want to get inspections done more frequently. The frequency of inspections also depends on the roof and the contractor you work with.
Using your attic as extra storage space is fine, but only if you’re using materials that won’t damage the roof or compromise its structure. The main concern is weight – too much weight can cause an older roof to collapse, which puts you and your property at risk. If the contractor you work with says it’s fine, then that should be enough to put your mind at ease.