There are several cat cafes in Toronto, Canada where you can enjoy the company of cats while having a coffee...Read More
This is what’s open and closed during the Christmas holiday and Boxing Day in Toronto 2022
This year, both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day fall on the weekend, which means that some businesses may choose to run on a modified schedule on Tuesday, Dec. 27. While Boxing Day is on Monday, some businesses may choose to run as usual. So if you’re looking for something special this holiday season but need to know what’s open or closed in your area, be sure to check with your local business.
Below are what will be open and closed during Christmas 2022 in Toronto:
Christmas Eve- December 24th Saturday
- Metro and Food Basics from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Costco stores from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Most Loblaws stores from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. For other grocery stores, customers are encouraged to check their website first for their hours based on location.
- Most Rexalls in the GTA from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- LCBO stores until 6 p.m.
- Toronto Beer stores from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- CF Eaton Centre, Sherway Gardens, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
- Shops at Don Mills from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
- Fairview Mall from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.,
- Markville from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Vaughan Mills from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.,
- Toronto Premium Outlets from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dufferin Mall, Yorkdale Shopping Centre, and Bayview Village will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The AGO from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., and the Aga Khan Museum from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- GO Transit and the TTC will be running regularly. However, weather may affect some parts of the GTA
- The Distillery District’s Winter Village
- Canada’s Wonderland will be closed throughout Christmas weekend
CHRISTMAS DAY - SUNDAY
- Rabba Fine Foods is open 24/7
- Nathan Phillips Square is open for skating from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Cineplex movie theatres
- CN Tower from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Ontario Place from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- The Toronto Zoo from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The TTC will run on its typical Sunday schedule mostly and subway service starts at 8 a.m.
- GO Transit will also be operating on a Sunday schedule
- Costco, Farm Boy, Metro, Food Basics, Loblaws, and Zehrs. T&T, Fortinos, No Frills, and Shoppers Drug Mart
- All LCBOs and Beer Stores
- Cadillac Fairview malls, Toronto Premium Outlets, Bayview Village, Dufferin Mall, Yorkdale Shopping Centre and Vaughan Mills
- The Casa Loma
- The Aga Khan Museum, AGO and the ROM
- The Distillery District’s Winter Village
- Banks, government offices, libraries, and Canada Post offices
BOXING DAY - MONDAY
- Costco and Loblaws stores from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Some LCBO stores are open on Boxing Day
- The Eaton Centre from 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- CF Fairview Mall, Markville, Sherway Gardens, and the Shops at Don Mills from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Toronto Premium Outlets from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.,
- Bayview Village from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.,
- Dufferin Mall from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre and Vaughan Mills from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Casa Loma will have the same hours as Christmas Eve
- Canada’s Wonderland from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. for WinterFest
- The ROM from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- AGO from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Aga Khan Museum from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- The TTC will be on its holiday service with most routes starting at 6 a.m.
- GO Transit will be operating on its Saturday schedule
- Canada Post offices
- Select Metro and Food Basics stores
- The Distillery District’s Winter Village is closed, but its restaurants, shops and cafes are open.
You might also like...
Best Sunset Viewing Spots in Toronto
Toronto is a great city with many intriguing and gorgeous sites to visit. With summer soon approaching, now is the...Read More
The 11 Best Used Car Dealerships in Toronto
Used car dealerships are a great place to find quality cars at competitive prices. The staff of experts at these...Read More
A Homeowner’s Guide to Kitec Plumbing in Toronto
Most homeowners in Toronto know about the Kitec plumbing crisis, but many don’t know what to do about it. In...Read More
The 11 Best Siding Contractors in Toronto
When it comes to your home, you want to make sure that it stays protected from the elements.Read More
The 6 Best Bagel Spots in Toronto
Toronto is known for its diverse food scene and bagels are no exception, perfect for your breakfast cravings.Read More