The 12 Best Plant-Based Pizza Restaurants in Toronto  Last updated: November 20, 2023 Veronika Zotova We conduct thorough testing...Read More
The Best Bike Shops in Toronto
Discover the finest bike shops in Toronto, where you’ll find reliable rides that will stand the test of time. With the increasing number of cycling paths opening up in the city, biking has become a refreshing alternative to navigating the crowded TTC.
Whether you’re seeking a weekend getaway or exploring Toronto’s scenic biking trails, the perfect bike awaits you in this vibrant city!
For some other great stuff, feel free to check out:
- What Are The Most Popular Types Of Bikes?
- The Best Bike Shops In Toronto
- FAQs About Bikes
- Final Thoughts
What Are The Most Popular Types Of Bikes?
The most popular types of bikes can vary depending on the region and individual preferences, but some common and widely popular types include:
- City/Urban Bikes: Also known as commuter bikes, these are designed for riding in urban environments, with features like comfortable seating, fenders, and racks for carrying bags.
- Road Bikes: Ideal for speed and efficiency on paved roads, road bikes have lightweight frames, thin tires, and drop handlebars for an aerodynamic riding position.
- Mountain Bikes: Built to handle off-road trails and rough terrains, mountain bikes have sturdy frames, wide knobby tires, and suspension systems for enhanced shock absorption.
- Hybrid Bikes: A versatile option for riders who want a mix of road and off-road capabilities, hybrid bikes combine features of road bikes and mountain bikes for comfort and performance on various surfaces.
- Folding Bikes: Designed for easy storage and portability, folding bikes have frames that fold into a compact size, making them convenient for commuters and travelers.
- Cruiser Bikes: Perfect for leisurely rides along the beach or in the neighborhood, cruiser bikes have a relaxed, upright riding position, wide handlebars, and often feature a vintage aesthetic.
- Electric Bikes (E-bikes): Growing in popularity, electric bikes have a battery-powered motor to assist with pedaling, making them suitable for longer commutes or hilly terrains.
These are just some of the most popular types of bikes, and there are many other specialized bikes designed for specific activities or riding preferences. When choosing a bike, it’s essential to consider your riding needs, terrain, and comfort to find the perfect match for your cycling adventures.
The Best Bike Shops In Toronto
1) Sweet Pete's Bike Shop
2) Gears Bike Shop
Gears Bike Shop is the one-stop shop for bikes, e-bikes, accessories, and repairs. Here they give customers peace of mind (especially new bikers) when they shop here, as their expert staff are there to guide you to make an informed purchase. Their six months of service adjustments and safety checks program is one the best you’ll find, as they provide unlimited gear and brake adjustments, basic wheel trues, best of all, no appointments necessary.
3) Cyclepath Norco
5) Dismount Bike Shop
This is a family-owned bike store located on St.Clair W. Here they offer bicycles for all kinds of purposes including city, adventure, gravel, mountain, and even kid bikes. The staff here are all knowledgeable on everything related to biking and will help you get kitted out with a bike and accessories that are ideal for your needs. If you’re looking for a new bike or need your bike services, this place is worth checking out.
6) Pedalinx Bike Shop
7) Spokes and Sports
This is your friendly neighbourhood bike retailer that has everything you need to start biking. Whether you’re looking for a new bike or in need of a bike repair, this bike spot has you covered. They offer a great selection of bikes fit for different purposes, as well as knowledgeable staff who can help diagnose and fix any problems your bike may have.
8) KB Bicycle Shop
If you’re on a budget but still want to get a quality bicycle, then you won’t be disappointed here. Located on Old Kennedy Rd in Markham, this humble little bike shop is the place to be if you’re looking for a new or used bike without the fluff. Plus the owner is known for occasionally handing out nice discounts.
9) D'Ornellas Bike Shop
10) Skiis & Biikes
This family-owned ski and bike shop has three locations in Toronto, Mississauga, and Collingwood. Here you can find almost anything related to bikes, from mountain bikes, electric bikes, biking accessories, wheels, apparel, you name it. This is the place to be if you want to get kitted with everything you need for a biking trip. As of writing, they’re currently holding an August sale where you can get 15% off bike accessories when you buy 3 or more. Better act fast!
11) Fix Coffee + Bikes
And that concludes our list of the best bike stores in Toronto. We hope this article has been helpful in guiding you to find the perfect bike for your upcoming weekend getaway.
If you’re interested in exploring more about the wonderful offerings of Toronto, be sure to check out our other blogs covering all things related to this vibrant city. Happy biking and enjoy your adventures in Toronto!